We're pleased to say that as part of our ongoing cyber security initiatives, Pensar has renewed its Cyber Essentials Plus certification. We have been Cyber Essentials certified for many years but Cyber Essentials Plus is a step up in terms of scope and, most importantly, it's audited by an external assessor to ensure compliance.
Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed and industry supported scheme that helps businesses to protect themselves against the ever growing threat of cyber attacks.
It has two basic functions:
- to provide a clear statement of the basic controls all organisations should implement to mitigate cyber security risks; and
- to provide a mechanism for organisations to demonstrate to their customers, investors and other stakeholders that they've put these controls in place.
In brief, Cyber Essentials is all about helping businesses address the basics of cyber security to prevent common attacks, like ransomware and data breaches.
What does it mean to be Cyber Essentials Plus certified?
By displaying our Cyber Essentials Plus badge, we're letting you know that:
- We've put measures in place to protect our own organisation
- We take cyber security seriously and meet a Government-endorsed standard
- We can bid for Government contracts (Cyber Essentials has been mandatory for suppliers of some Government contracts since 2014 and the requirement is being extended).
You can do it too
We believe every company should take security seriously, so we encourage you to review (and implement) the Cyber Essentials requirements and even apply for certification.
If you need help understanding or implementing any of these controls, let us know and we'll give you a hand.