We're pleased to announce that as part of our Cyber Security initiatives, Pensar has become Cyber Essentials certified. Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed and industry supported scheme that helps businesses to protect themselves against the ever growing threat of cyber attacks.
It has two basic functions:
- to provide a clear statement of the basic controls all organisations should implement to mitigate cyber security risks; and
- to provide a mechanism for organisations to demonstrate to their customers, investors and other stakeholders that they've put these controls in place.
You can read a full summary of the scheme here. In brief, Cyber Essentials is all about helping businesses address the basics of cybersecurity to prevent common attacks, like ransomeware and data breaches. Anyone can download the Cyber Essentials documents and start putting the recommended controls in place.
What does it mean to be Cyber Essentials certified?
By displaying our Cyber Essentials badge, we're letting you know that:
- We've put meaures in place to protect our own orgainsation
- We take cyber security seriously and meet a Government-endorsed standard
- We can bid for Government contracts (Cyber Essentials has been mandatory for suppliers of some Government contracts since 2014 and the requirement is being extended).
You can do it too
We believe every company should take security seriously, so we encourage you to review (and implement) the Cyber Essentials requirements and even apply for certification.