Pensar has put together its top technology predictions for 2020. Stephen Covey popularised the phrase “begin with the end in mind”. This phrase captures the spirit of all planning processes. It is important to strategically plan your IT ahead.
Get started with our top 3 technology predictions for 2020.
- 50% of UK workforce to work remotely by 2020.
Between 2012 and 2016, 'flexi-time' has risen by 12.35 per cent; and data from the Office of National Statistics (ONS) has revealed that the number of UK workers who have moved into remote-working has increased by nearly a quarter of a million over a decade.
Thanks to changing attitudes and ever-improving technology capabilities this number is expected to continue its upward trajectory over the next 3 years, with half the UK workforce expected to be working remotely by 2020.
- Everything-as-a-Service is becoming standard
Organisations have realised that to stay competitive in this digital-first economy digital services must be able to run anywhere and anytime.
Organisations are scaling cloud services to achieve fixed operational costs, improve productivity through enhanced application integration and reduce internal IT complexity.
Efficiency and scalability are standard; innovation and growth are essential.
- IT Security increases to defend new wave of crime
Traditional robbery and theft is moving online, fast. The need for IT security and defences is increasing rapidly.
To give you an idea of the scale, and why you need to plan your IT Security investment in 2020 we have included some of the key statistics below:
- In the first half of 2019 alone, 4.1 billion records were exposed
- A survey by Accenture showed that 68% of business leaders felt their cybersecurity risks were increasing
- Gartner have predicted that worldwide spending on cybersecurity will increase to over $133 billion by 2022
- Only 5% of companies’ folders are properly protected according to a survey by Varonis
- Verizon found that 71% of breaches were financially motivated and 25% motivated by espionage
Organisations are recognising the important of investing in IT and cybersecurity to protect their data, customers and livelihood. Investment will continue strongly and grow throughout 2020.
Start your planning now with an IT Security audit from one of our team by contacting us on 020 7952 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org