We work with fully compliant and accredited recycling companies to ensure all IT and electrical equipment is disposed of in accordance with WEEE regulations, and where possible, computer recycling can be carried out.
This ensures that any redundant or broken IT equipment is disposed of in a secure, cost effective and environmentally friendly manner. The safe disposal of IT equipment means that all data and information is destroyed but the equipment and components are recycled.
Saving money as well as the planet
Going green can actually save you money as redundant and unwanted IT kit takes up office space and is often still on insurance so can be an unnecessary business cost. Recycling it in a secure and environmentally friendly manner ensures you are doing what is right for your business and the environment. Pensar can do this for you simply and efficiently.
Contact Us to find out how you can be green, clean and save cash too.
Pensar’s Carbon Footprint
Pensar IT Management is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and respecting the environment.
Our procedures are designed to make our staff, suppliers and clients aware of how their actions impact on the environment. Our team are committed to minimising our impact on the planet and we adhere to a set of green guidelines and procedures such as:
Our team are committed to minimising our impact on the planet. We adhere to a set of green guidelines and procedures, such as minimizing our use of paper and ensuring all recyclable waste is disposed of appropriately.
Top Tips on Going Green – by Mark Williams, Pensar Managing Director
- A single computer and monitor left on 24 hours a day will cost over £50 a year. Switching it off out of hours and enabling standby features could reduce this to £15 a year each and prolongs the lifespan of equipment.
- Turn off your monitor when you are away from your desk – even if it is just for a few minutes.
- Ensure all computer equipment, monitors and appliances are switched off when not in use.
- Think before you print – do you really need a hardcopy of the email you have on your computer?
- Print or photocopy on both sides of paper – use the two-sided option on photocopiers.
- In some cases documents can be printed in booklet form, which equates to four pages per A4 sheet of paper, and can be presented in an easy-to-read format.
- The last person to leave the office at night must ensure that they turn everything off including printers, fans, computers and lights.
- Unplug phone chargers when they are not in use.
- Turn off the lights in meeting rooms, kitchen areas, toilets, offices which are not in use.
- Make the most of natural light in the office – don’t obscure windows with filing cabinets, plants, and closed blinds.